Old October 6th 04, 01:58 PM
Dale Parfitt

"Mike Lee" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi Group,
After many years I have dug out my soldering iron and looking at an old
RF preselector diagram.
The main is a 40673 dual gate mosfet transistor.
I have tried Maplin and google but to no avail.
Is there an equivalent to this 40673?

I have also got an unused MPF102 but I would rather use the 40673 if it
is at all possible.

TIA,

Mike....
--
The 40673 is a dual gate MOSFET as you state. The MPF102 is an N channel

JFET- quite a different animal.
Dan's Small Parts has 40673's for $5.50 each- the best $$ I have seen:
http://www.danssmallpartsandkits.net/

I have perhaps 1000 3N201's that are a nice replacement for the 40673 if Dan
is out. In fact I am building a RX now that uses quite a few 40673's and the
3N201 works beautifully.

--
Dale W4OP
for PAR Electronics, Inc.