Old October 5th 04, 09:51 PM
Mike Lee

Default 40673 dual gate mosfet

Hi Group,
After many years I have dug out my soldering iron and looking at an old
RF preselector diagram.
The main is a 40673 dual gate mosfet transistor.
I have tried Maplin and google but to no avail.
Is there an equivalent to this 40673?

I have also got an unused MPF102 but I would rather use the 40673 if it
is at all possible.

TIA,

Mike....
--
Delete NOSPAMHERE from my Email address to reply

http://uk.geocities.com/swift240/mikes_page_1.html
Old October 6th 04, 01:58 PM
Dale Parfitt

"Mike Lee" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi Group,
After many years I have dug out my soldering iron and looking at an old
RF preselector diagram.
The main is a 40673 dual gate mosfet transistor.
I have tried Maplin and google but to no avail.
Is there an equivalent to this 40673?

I have also got an unused MPF102 but I would rather use the 40673 if it
is at all possible.

TIA,

Mike....
--
The 40673 is a dual gate MOSFET as you state. The MPF102 is an N channel

JFET- quite a different animal.
Dan's Small Parts has 40673's for $5.50 each- the best $$ I have seen:
http://www.danssmallpartsandkits.net/

I have perhaps 1000 3N201's that are a nice replacement for the 40673 if Dan
is out. In fact I am building a RX now that uses quite a few 40673's and the
3N201 works beautifully.

--
Dale W4OP
for PAR Electronics, Inc.

Old October 6th 04, 05:52 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
Mike Lee wrote:
Hi Group,
After many years I have dug out my soldering iron and looking at an old
RF preselector diagram.
The main is a 40673 dual gate mosfet transistor.
I have tried Maplin and google but to no avail.
Is there an equivalent to this 40673?

I have also got an unused MPF102 but I would rather use the 40673 if it
is at all possible.

It's a commercial version (cheap) of the 3N187. Both datasheets
are on my ftp site at ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/m/mzenier/RCA40673 and
ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/m/mzenier/RCA3N187 .

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

Old March 7th 09, 06:41 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lee View Post
Hi Group,
After many years I have dug out my soldering iron and looking at an old
RF preselector diagram.
The main is a 40673 dual gate mosfet transistor.
I have tried Maplin and google but to no avail.
Is there an equivalent to this 40673?

I have also got an unused MPF102 but I would rather use the 40673 if it
is at all possible.

TIA,

Mike....
--
Delete NOSPAMHERE from my Email address to reply

http://uk.geocities.com/swift240/mikes_page_1.html

Walford electronics are offering the MEF201 as similar to the 40673, the obsolete BF981 is probably electrically similar (look in older VHF TV tuners) or the BF991 if you don't mind fiddling about soldering wires to a SMD part.
Old March 7th 09, 06:43 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionfield View Post

Walford electronics are offering the MEF201 as similar to the 40673, the obsolete BF981 is probably electrically similar (look in older VHF TV tuners) or the BF991 if you don't mind fiddling about soldering wires to a SMD part.

OOPS! - that's MFE not MEF.