Old October 29th 04, 03:05 PM
Mark S. Holden

secret12 wrote:

To my knowledge, there is NO CANDIDATE in the election this year who has
stated any point mentioned by me earlier.

None of them.

Some of those proposals sound similar to past ideas from various minor party candidates, but you'd need Gracie Allen (surprise party) to come up with a way to weave them together into a plan anyone could make sense of. (And I suspect only she'd
understand it.)

Since it is the peak political season, here's a link to a page about radio personality Gracie Allen's 1940 campaign -

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/1836/campaign1940.html

Otherwise, #8 would seem to prevent importing oil.

#13 conflicts with #8 and #9.

#15 would result in a huge tax increase for roughly 80% of the population - some would be expected to pay more than 100% of their income in taxes.

A limited application of #16 seems like a good idea to me. (If all or most of the money was invested this way, we'd have no way to pay current retirees)

#11a seems compatible with an idea William F. Buckley proposed many years ago.

Conan Ford wrote:
secret12 wrote in news:m%lgd.7664$UC4.4422444
@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

What do you think would happen if a candidate for President touted this
sort of platform:

Well, I would think he was the candidate for the Constitution Party. Is
that who you are shilling for, and do they have a shortwave station we
should all be interested in?