Old October 29th 04, 08:08 AM
secret12

Default Candidate Platform?

What do you think would happen if a candidate for President touted this
sort of platform:

1) I will bring home American Troops from foreign countries

2) Once those troops are rested, I will deploy them along the Border

3) I will use other troops to round up every ILLEGAL alien in the country

4) I will deport EVERY illegal alien

5) Children born in the US to parents who are here ILLEGALLY will NOT
receive automatic citizenship.

6) I will cut off all foreign aid

7) I will re-evaluate and probably cancel most Treaties which obligate
the US to defend foreign nations

8) Products sold in the US must be made in the US

9) Products not made in the US, can only be sold in the US if the
workers making those products are paid the equivalent wage of US workers
in the same US-based industry.

10) I will sell-off government-owned lands to pay down part of the
national debt

11) I will call for a national referendum about illegal drugs. The
referendum will ask:

a) Should illegal drugs be made legal and sold on a restricted
basis like alcohol is presently sold?

b) If illegal drugs remain illegal, should the US use its
military to physically attack illegal drug manufacturing
facilities around the world?

12) I will sign a peace treaty ending the Korean War.

13) I will establish Diplomatic and trade relations with any nation with
whom we presently do not have such relations.

14) I will open the ANWR and other areas for oil and gas drilling.

15) The federal budget will be divided by the number of adult citizens,
with every adult paying the exact same amount in taxes each year.

16) The Social Security system will be changed immediately so as to
allow citizens to designate which stocks, bonds, money market, mutual
funds or other investments they wish to invest such money in.

17) I will change the immigration system to once again favor immigration
by persons from cultures which are similar to that of the US.

18) I will begin the process of once again backing US currency with
precious metals.

19) I will bring back public hangings or other public executions of
criminals who commit capital offenses.
Old October 29th 04, 09:32 AM
JuLiE Dxer

Abuse / Spam reported.

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 07:08:02 GMT, secret12

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 07:08:02 GMT

Old October 29th 04, 10:13 AM
Conan Ford

secret12 wrote in news:m%lgd.7664$UC4.4422444
@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

What do you think would happen if a candidate for President touted this
sort of platform:

Well, I would think he was the candidate for the Constitution Party. Is
that who you are shilling for, and do they have a shortwave station we
should all be interested in?
Old October 29th 04, 01:17 PM
secret12

To my knowledge, there is NO CANDIDATE in the election this year who has
stated any point mentioned by me earlier.

None of them.

Old October 29th 04, 03:05 PM
Mark S. Holden

secret12 wrote:

To my knowledge, there is NO CANDIDATE in the election this year who has
stated any point mentioned by me earlier.

None of them.

Some of those proposals sound similar to past ideas from various minor party candidates, but you'd need Gracie Allen (surprise party) to come up with a way to weave them together into a plan anyone could make sense of. (And I suspect only she'd
understand it.)

Since it is the peak political season, here's a link to a page about radio personality Gracie Allen's 1940 campaign -

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/1836/campaign1940.html

Otherwise, #8 would seem to prevent importing oil.

#13 conflicts with #8 and #9.

#15 would result in a huge tax increase for roughly 80% of the population - some would be expected to pay more than 100% of their income in taxes.

A limited application of #16 seems like a good idea to me. (If all or most of the money was invested this way, we'd have no way to pay current retirees)

#11a seems compatible with an idea William F. Buckley proposed many years ago.

Old October 29th 04, 06:35 PM
Mike Terry

"secret12" wrote in message
t...
To my knowledge, there is NO CANDIDATE in the election this year who has
stated any point mentioned by me earlier.

None of them.

What none of them relevant to shortwave radio!!

Old October 29th 04, 09:50 PM
bpnjensen

secret12 wrote in message et...
[...]

He'd be ignored by some, reviled by others, supported by a few.

While I like some of these, I could not vote for this guy (although
the things I don't like probably would never get passed by Congress).

Without necessarily agreeiong or disagreeing with any of this...

8+9 do not match 13.

15 would permanently put some people in the street, unable to pay
their taxes - in which case they'd be put in jail and we'd have to
feed 'em three a day for the next 50 years.

While 1-4 are sensible, 5 would be perceived as harsh by many,
irrespective of their opinions on 1-4.

Number 11 misses the point. If drugs are so bad, say so and drive the
point home so blatantly that people will actually stop using them. If
they are not so bad, make them legal and be prepared for the
consequences. If they are bad and made legal anyway, expect the
battle to never end.

10 and 14 will cause riots and endless lawsuits among many groups.

16 will give us elderly people in the streets, dying by your feet
(unless you are rich, of course, and can fly in your Learjet above the
stench). Unless any of those investments can be made dependable, this
WILL be the result.

17 is open racism. Regardless of its merits, more riots and worse.

Bruce Jensen

Single frequency (channel) TRF for AM/BCB reception? Candidate Radios of Yesteryear? Jon Noring Shortwave 10 June 12th 04 04:51 AM
AM Tube Tuner Kit -- candidate models from yesteryear? Jon Noring Shortwave 5 June 11th 04 12:52 AM
Platform Burr Shortwave 2 May 1st 04 05:22 PM
New Candidate for 'Youngest Extra' N2EY Policy 310 April 19th 04 03:18 AM