Old November 3rd 04, 12:48 PM
Jonathan

It will be sad when I can't listen to radio...... on the radio.

I have a computer.... I have the bandwith.... but I choose not to have
to sit by my computer to listen to the radio. I listen to shortwave
while mobile as well - blows away what I have on local radio.

If I can't get it over the airwaves, then I guess I just won't get it
at all.

Regarding their content on their last broadcast. I think I caught it
accidentally - or didn't see it in any shortwave schedules, but I
heard something. Essentially, it wasn't new programming, just a recap
of highlights from their past 70 years and some of the history of the
station itself.

Jonathan

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message ...
"Dan" wrote in message

So then it's not really dead, is it? Just changing to a more
cost-effective, higher quality, no fading, no static medium. As
everyone else will, eventually. Deal with it.

Dan

I wouldn't say everyone will be going to satellites or the internet. When
it comes to cutting costs, shutting down the entire operation is even more
efficient than just turning off the SW transmitters.

Frank Dresser