Old November 8th 04, 10:07 AM
Sanjaya

"Sanjaya" wrote in message
ink.net...
"~" wrote in message ...

At a reported 12% defect rate I would avoid it like the plague. Repairs
must be sent at your expense to Hong Kong and then wait for many weeks.

Spend a few more pounds for the Sony 7600GR and you'll be happy.

What percentage of the new production model (post Sept. 28) have
problems? I might be mistaken but I think the 12% you refer to comes
from those who bought the early run of 1103s. The poll at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kaito-de1103/ shows about 12% answering
"yes" to having a problem. I haven't seen anyone there say they had
a problem when purchasing a known post-9/28 one. But, I could
be wrong about that too. Pretty sure I'm not wrong about my 7600GR
costing 3 times as much as my 1103 though : )

I went to http://www.degen.com.cn/english/contact.asp and found the e-mail address for customers
"overseas", i.e. not in China.
I wrote and asked about the shuttle control problem, hoping to confirm that the new version of the
1103 is ok.

This is the reply I got.
Dear Sir,

We have noticed that jog dial problem after the first production, and have already changed a better
supplier. Therefore, DE1103 made on Sept. 28 will not have this problem.

Regards