Old November 7th 04, 10:25 AM
ken chattenton

Default DEGEN-1103 .

HI all,

Does anyone have any idea to the availability of this model of radio in the
UK...?

Cheers all, Ken, G4KIR.

Old November 7th 04, 10:49 AM
Sanjaya

"ken chattenton" wrote in message
HI all,

Does anyone have any idea to the availability of this model of radio in the
UK...?

Cheers all, Ken, G4KIR.

ebay seller Liypn ships everywhere.
find a DE1103 in the radio section at
http://stores.ebay.com/id=68650377
the shipping details say "world wide"
then use the "contact seller" link to ask him about it
he's very good at responding and his customer service
is second to none

Old November 7th 04, 10:58 AM
Mike Terry

Found one for you!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WD2V

Old November 7th 04, 02:45 PM
~

Does anyone have any idea to the availability of this model of radio in

the
UK...?

At a reported 12% defect rate I would avoid it like the plague. Repairs
must be sent at your expense to Hong Kong and then wait for many weeks.

Spend a few more pounds for the Sony 7600GR and you'll be happy.

Old November 7th 04, 03:15 PM
Sanjaya

"~" wrote in message ...

Does anyone have any idea to the availability of this model of radio in

the
UK...?

At a reported 12% defect rate I would avoid it like the plague. Repairs
must be sent at your expense to Hong Kong and then wait for many weeks.

Spend a few more pounds for the Sony 7600GR and you'll be happy.

What percentage of the new production model (post Sept. 28) have
problems? I might be mistaken but I think the 12% you refer to comes
from those who bought the early run of 1103s. The poll at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kaito-de1103/ shows about 12% answering
"yes" to having a problem. I haven't seen anyone there say they had
a problem when purchasing a known post-9/28 one. But, I could
be wrong about that too. Pretty sure I'm not wrong about my 7600GR
costing 3 times as much as my 1103 though : )

Old November 8th 04, 10:07 AM
Sanjaya

"Sanjaya" wrote in message
ink.net...
"~" wrote in message ...

At a reported 12% defect rate I would avoid it like the plague. Repairs
must be sent at your expense to Hong Kong and then wait for many weeks.

Spend a few more pounds for the Sony 7600GR and you'll be happy.

What percentage of the new production model (post Sept. 28) have
problems? I might be mistaken but I think the 12% you refer to comes
from those who bought the early run of 1103s. The poll at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kaito-de1103/ shows about 12% answering
"yes" to having a problem. I haven't seen anyone there say they had
a problem when purchasing a known post-9/28 one. But, I could
be wrong about that too. Pretty sure I'm not wrong about my 7600GR
costing 3 times as much as my 1103 though : )

I went to http://www.degen.com.cn/english/contact.asp and found the e-mail address for customers
"overseas", i.e. not in China.
I wrote and asked about the shuttle control problem, hoping to confirm that the new version of the
1103 is ok.

This is the reply I got.
-----------
Dear Sir,

We have noticed that jog dial problem after the first production, and have already changed a better
supplier. Therefore, DE1103 made on Sept. 28 will not have this problem.

Regards

Old November 8th 04, 01:55 PM
Jim Hackett

I don't believe the "new" batch has been out long enough to prove that
statement. I got one of the first units Liypn ever sold and it took it
about 4 months to develop the problem. The "new" ones need to go at least 6
months before I am convinced.
P.S. I do STILL love my 1103 despite it's problem...

"Sanjaya" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Sanjaya" wrote in message
ink.net...

Old November 8th 04, 05:55 PM
RHF

= = = "Sanjaya" wrote in message
= = = link.net...
"Sanjaya" wrote in message
ink.net...
"~" wrote in message ...

[...]

SANJAYA,

the eBay Seller "LIYPN" who has a 'good' sellers record on eBay
now appears to be selling these two Degen AM/FM-Stereo/Shortwave
Radios as they are listed by him on eBay:

* DEGEN DE-1102 Digital World Band Radio

* DEGEN DE-1103 "SSB" Digital World Band Radio

Both above Degen Radios come with:
- 1100 mh Rechargeable Batteries
- AC (220VAC to 110VAC) Adapter & Battery Charger

IMHO: The Cost of NOT having to Buy Batteries should pay for
these Degen Radios in 2-3 Years.

hth ~ RHF
..
..

FT: Degen 1103 DeWayne Scanner 4 December 6th 04 07:21 PM
Degen 1103 manual M Peraaho Shortwave 0 October 18th 04 03:48 AM
Which is best? Degen 1102 or 1103?? David Shortwave 6 August 31st 04 01:14 AM
Degen 1103 came today! Diverd4777 Shortwave 6 May 6th 04 08:21 PM
Degen 1103 Specs in English Gleason Sackmann Shortwave 7 April 13th 04 11:09 PM