Old October 20th 04, 03:25 AM
Cecil Moore

Tom Donaly wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
Heh, heh, so you don't believe there is a current drop between the
current maximum point and current minimum point on a transmission
line with reflections? Seems to me going from 2 amps at a current
maximum to 0.1 amps at a current minimum is a measurable drop in
total current.

Next, Cecil, you're going to be talking about a "current gradient"
and a "scalar current field." Here's a question for you, Cecil, and
Richard Harrison, and Yuri, too: how do you take the gradient of
the current at a point on a transmission line, and, if were possible
to do so, what is the physical significance of the result?

A total current gradient obviously exists on a transmission line
with current minimums and maximums. You can locate those points
with a simple pickup loop. The current gradient is caused
by the superposition of forward and reflected current waves as
described in any transmission line textbook.

"Taking the gradient" seems to me to be unnecessary and just a
logical diversion away from the qualitative conceptual discussion.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp