Old December 9th 04, 05:53 PM
Mark S. Holden

I was thinking how it is such a shame that all the museum quality stuff
that RM has must be sold so I thought we should have some sort of a
fund raiser to make Martyn's place into a radio museum.

think of all the like new Collins and Drake equipment, among other
greats of days past, that the public could enjoy ???

please post your ideas to support this idea !

and we need a name for this radio museum of like new out of the box
radio equipment.

Cap

The Museum of Faultless Puffery

Each exhibit would include the actual radio, the ebay listing used when
he bought it, and the one he'll use to sell it complete with beautiful
photos and a puffed up description.

An interactive exhibit could allow visitors to practice posing radios so
they can learn to take pictures that hide flaws.

The gift shop could sell auction tools like a card with a spinner that
helps you select proven phrases for your listings.

Examples:

"I can not fault this" - (an honest description would cut into my profit)

"I've been enjoying this radio for many nights" - (I'm a week behind on
my listings)

"It was cleaned and left on a shelf" - (Putting it in the dishwasher was
apparently a bad idea.)

They could also sell books on marketing by George "Kingfish" Stevens.