Old December 15th 04, 03:25 AM
Theosus

Default Best time for pirates?

I have been listening to SW for two months or so now after a LONG absence. I
have heard many different countries but what I really want to hear are pirates.
From logs I have seen on newsgroups it seems most prefer 6900-7000khz, whereas
I remembered the standard years ago was 7400-7500khz. I have only heard one so
far (wtni i think...). Are there any times that seem to work best? I know the
pirates chose any time, but what time could I expect the best conditions from
their low power? I DXed on the CB band (or just above it, between CB channel
40, and the ham 10 meter section) probably twelve years ago, and seem to
remember sunset/sunrise giving me the best distance. Any hints on logging these
elusive guys would be great!
Using a sangean 803 and a long wire antenna.