Old December 18th 04, 11:02 PM

Default CHEAP radio - any suggestions?

I need recommendations for a cheap shortwave radio, and I don't mean
Degen 1102 cheap. I'm talking Grundig FR-200 cheap, 40 bucks or so.
Preferably something available domestically (U.S.), since shipping
charges on Tecsuns and Degens from China boost their prices to beyond
my limit.

A family member has had a Grundig FR-200 for a couple of years. It has
held up well, and the reception is acceptible for my purposes. Is it
my best choice at that price, or are there others I should consider?
I'm not expecting miracles, but I do want reasonably good reception
from roughly 49 - 16M.

thx