Old December 28th 04, 10:29 AM
Walter

I bought two radios from lipyn, a DE-1102 and a PL-550. The experience
with the first one was excellent. As for the second, I purchased it on
August 13. On arrival, I discovered that the wall wart didn't work (with
the included adapter of course). I contact lipyn on or about August 30
about getting a replacement. I sent the wall wart back before labor day by
air mail--2 week delivery time. Since I'd paid the "insurance" so I was
expecting prompt replacement--after all, I had found the deficiency within
7 days of receiving the item, so I expected the "warranty" quoted in the
auction would be quickly honored, which is, immediately replacement.
Instead, I got the run around and finally got a replacement just before
Christmas.

According to my calculations, there are 17 days between August 13 and
August 30. Perhaps this was a typo. If it wasn't, then you didn't find
the defect within the warranty period.