Old October 30th 04, 04:58 PM
Howard

On 30 Oct 2004 08:17:17 -0700, (Jack) wrote:

Is there a difference between a "Skywire" coax cable and a regular
coax cable you get from Radio Shack in terms of quality or
compatibilities?

I've never heard of "Skywire" coax however I can say that the coax
I've seen from Radio Shack doesn't have good braid coverage of the
dielectric - perhaps 75%. Times Microvave "LMR" series is good coax
and I've also found Belden and International (their 9096 which is a
Belden 9913 equivalent) to make good quality coax.

The way I view it, if you're spending good money on an antenna and
going through the effort to install it (whether on a tower or roof
mounted mast) it pays to spend a few extra dollars for a quality
feedline, and to adequately weather-proof the connections.

Howard