Old January 13th 05, 07:07 PM
RHF

DaviD,
..
Once Again - Two Choices :
#1 = Replace the Car's AM & FM Radio )
#2 = Replace the Car ;-}
..
If he were BUYING a New Car: Then a Monthly "Pay-to-Listen"
Satellite Radio Service like XM or Sirius might be a worthwhile
option to consider.
..
However - Most People would rather Listen to the Radio for FREE !
..
And the most "Cost-Effective" 'choice' for an AM/MW Radio
Listener is a 'new' High Quality AM & FM Automobile Radio
that has a Superior Tuner 'designed' for the Mobile
'on-the-road' Radio Listening Environment.
..
ReplacementRadios.Com
For "Reconditioned" Quality Factory (OEM) Car Radios
http://www.replacementradios.com/
..
READ - Expensive and Inexpensive Ways to Improve the Quality
of FM Radio (Works for AM/MW Too) Reception in your Car.
- by Wayne Harris
http://www.termpro.com/articles/antenna.html
..
OBTW - A 'new' Car Antenna would also be helpful and be
worth the money spent to get a Better Signal to the Radio.
..
* AM/FM Auto Antenna Mast Element
http://www.ccrane.com/am-fm-auto-antenna.aspx
* Full Replacement AM/FM Auto Antenna
http://www.ccrane.com/replacement-auto-antenna.aspx
C. Crane Co. Claims "Purpose: Improve AM reception on your
Automobile. Remember: An antenna is more important than
your radio, always! This Loaded Coil Antenna will improve
reception by almost double on AM and may improve FM.
Our antenna works by increasing the electrical length
over your existing antenna. The antenna has a coiled
stainless steel spring which will allow the antenna to
bend under the pressure of high speed, and helps prevent
damage. Our version is less susceptible to static caused
by spring movement. Although our antenna does not introduce
any radio noise, it will pick up noise from your auto's
electrical system and more noise from power lines when
they are overhead.
..
* AM/FM Big Truck Antenna Kit
http://www.ccrane.com/big-truck-antenna-kit.aspx
..
* Shakespeare - Galaxy 8' AM/FM Mobile DXer Antenna
with 20' of RG-69 Cable [Bumper Mounted]
DXER = http://tinyurl.com/5thmx
..
..
iane ~ RHF
..
All are WELCOME at the Shortwave Listener (SWL) "Antenna Ashram"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
..
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
..
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night . . .
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond, The BEYOND ! ! !
..
With the a Shortwave Listener SWL Antenna of your own making.
* * * If You Build It {SWL Antenna} You Will Hear Them * * *