Old January 13th 05, 11:58 AM
RHF

Default Think About Using the CCRadio Plus in your Automobile ?

SOX FAN 1968,
..
Hello - All are "Welcome" to [ JOIN ] the CCRadio and
the CCRadio Plus eGroup on YAHOO !
NOTE - The CCRadio and CCRadio Plus are Made by Sangean
and they are Sold and Marketed by the C. Crane Co.
..
ABOUT USING THE CCRADIO PLUS IN AN AUTOMOBILE :
..
Two Choices - Replace the Car Radio -or- the Car ;-}
..
Something-to-Think-About . . . The 'common' Auto-Trunk Radio is
a pretty good $200-$300 AM & FM Radio with a $10-$20 Antenna
and a $15,000-$60,000 'mobile' Ground Plan System )
..
Really - If your current Car Radio's AM/MW Reception 'stinks'
I would recommend that you "Invest" in a better Car Radio/Receiver
..
TUNER TALK - The Steps to Finding a 'good' Automotive
Radio {Tuner} for your 12-Volt Automotive System.
- by David Navone (Car Sound eZine)
http://www.carsound.com/columns/navone/nav0004.shtml
..
FWIW - Most Standard Factory (OEM) Car/Truck Radios will
Out-Perform the CCRadio and CC Radio Plus in-or-out of the
Vehicle. . The CCRadio and CC Radio Plus are NOT a good
'substitute' for a Good Quality AM/FM Radio that is 'designed'
to Perform Very Well in an Automotive Driving Environment [.]
..
GOOD {STANDARD} FACTORY "OEM" AUTO RADIOS HAVE :
+ Better AM/MW Band Reception
+ Better FM and FM Stereo Reception
+ Better Overall Sound Quality
+ Higher Audio Output = More Sound
+ Dynamic Stereo Effect (Surround-a-Sound)
Then the CCRadio and CC Radio Plus
..
TIP - Many AM DX'er claim that a 'high quality' Car Radio
will provide "Excellent" AM/MW Reception; equal to many
high-end AM/FM Shortwave Radios. You would need a AM/MW
Loop Antenna connected to the AM/FM Shortwave Radio to
get better results than the Car Radio.
..
IIRC - Some where I remember reading that Pioneer 'SuperTuner'
Car Radios were rated very good for AM DXing with an automobile
radio. Although Sony, Kenwood, JVC, Jensen, Alpine, Panasonic
all make some very good AM/FM 'replacement' Car Radios.
CIRCUIT CITY = http://tinyurl.com/3rxqh
..
CHECK-OUT - The Pioneer SuperTuner IIID Radios that features new
Digital AM/FM Tuner circuitry for audibly better FM and AM sound.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn..._46832,00.html
..
The main Benefits of Pioneer SuperTuner IIID Radios
advanced Analog and Digital Signal Processing a
+ A Stronger Signal
+ Increased Dynamic Range
+ Reduced Multi-path Noise
+ Less Distortion
+ Better Stereo Imaging
..
READ - DXing with Car Radios
- by Mark Connelly [WA1ION]
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx/dxlab/car_dx.html
..
What Equipment Do I Need To DX ?
http://www.amfmdx.net/fmdx/dxing.html
One can DX the AM/MW or FM Bands with Car Radios
with some degree of success.
..
If you are a AM/MW Radio DX Listener who would like
better Radio Reception.
http://www.northcountryradio.com/Kitpages/actant.htm
"Have you ever wondered how an AM car Radio Receives
AM signals so well even in a hotbed of Electrical Noise such
as a modern automobile? The Secret is Isolation from the
Noise Source (Ignition and Electrical System), mounting the
Antenna on the outside of the car body, and good Impedance
Matching of the Antenna to the Receiver."
..
IMHO - The only thing that would warrant the use of the
CCRadio and CC Radio Plus in a Car/Truck would be for the
Reception of the TV-VHF Sound and Weather-WX Band.
..
..
BACKGROUND "INFO" ABOUT THE CCRADIO PLUS :
..
The CCRadio Plus features AM, FM, Weather
and TV Audio for Channels 2-13
http://www.ccrane.com/ccradio-plus-am-fm-radio.aspx
..
IMAGE - CCRadio Plus in Platinum
http://www.ccrane.com/Images/zoom-im...s-platinum.jpg
..
IMAGE - CCRadio Plus in Black
http://www.ccrane.com/Images/zoom-im...plus-black.jpg
..
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for the CCRadio Plus
http://www.ccrane.com/faqs/ccradio-plus.aspx
..
Technical Specifications for the CCRadio Plus
http://www.ccrane.com/ccradio-plus-specifications.aspx
AM Radio Specifications
FM Radio Specifications
TV Sound Specifications
Weather (WX) Radio Specifications
Auxiliary Input and Timer Output Specifications
..
The Manual for the CCRadio Plus [PDF File]
http://www.ccrane.com/knowledgebase/...plusmanual.pdf .
CCRadio +Plus Accessories
http://www.ccrane.com/ccradio-plus-am-fm-radio.aspx
* CCRadio Plus Automobile Antenna Splitter
* Custom 8VDC Stepdown for Automobile Use
..
All are WELCOME to [ Join ] the CCRadio and CCRadio Plus
eGroup on YAHOO !
NOTE - The CCRadio and CCRadio Plus are Made by Sangean.
..
..
and that is what i think ~ RHF
..
..
= = = In ,
= = = "soxfan_1968" soxfan_1968@y... wrote:
..
Has anyone had any experience using CCRadio in their car?
The Crane website advertises a car interface kit where
you can hook up to the car's antenna, and I have an aux
audio input to my car stereo so I could listen over the
car's speakers. My current car stereo's AM reception stinks,
and I like to listen to Boston stations while I drive
(I live in New Hampshire). I'm not sure if there would be
alot of noise interference from the engine and alternator
because of how sensitive the CCRadio is.
..
Thanks for any help.
Old January 13th 05, 02:42 PM
David

www.sirius.com

www.xmradio.com

On 13 Jan 2005 03:58:04 -0800, "RHF"

Old January 13th 05, 02:45 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

www.sirius.com

www.xmradio.com

But it's not shortwave, it's not medium wave, it's simply satellite radio, is it
not 'tard boy?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 13th 05, 07:07 PM
RHF

DaviD,
..
Once Again - Two Choices :
#1 = Replace the Car's AM & FM Radio )
#2 = Replace the Car ;-}
..
If he were BUYING a New Car: Then a Monthly "Pay-to-Listen"
Satellite Radio Service like XM or Sirius might be a worthwhile
option to consider.
..
However - Most People would rather Listen to the Radio for FREE !
..
And the most "Cost-Effective" 'choice' for an AM/MW Radio
Listener is a 'new' High Quality AM & FM Automobile Radio
that has a Superior Tuner 'designed' for the Mobile
'on-the-road' Radio Listening Environment.
..
ReplacementRadios.Com
For "Reconditioned" Quality Factory (OEM) Car Radios
http://www.replacementradios.com/
..
READ - Expensive and Inexpensive Ways to Improve the Quality
of FM Radio (Works for AM/MW Too) Reception in your Car.
- by Wayne Harris
http://www.termpro.com/articles/antenna.html
..
OBTW - A 'new' Car Antenna would also be helpful and be
worth the money spent to get a Better Signal to the Radio.
..
* AM/FM Auto Antenna Mast Element
http://www.ccrane.com/am-fm-auto-antenna.aspx
* Full Replacement AM/FM Auto Antenna
http://www.ccrane.com/replacement-auto-antenna.aspx
C. Crane Co. Claims "Purpose: Improve AM reception on your
Automobile. Remember: An antenna is more important than
your radio, always! This Loaded Coil Antenna will improve
reception by almost double on AM and may improve FM.
Our antenna works by increasing the electrical length
over your existing antenna. The antenna has a coiled
stainless steel spring which will allow the antenna to
bend under the pressure of high speed, and helps prevent
damage. Our version is less susceptible to static caused
by spring movement. Although our antenna does not introduce
any radio noise, it will pick up noise from your auto's
electrical system and more noise from power lines when
they are overhead.
..
* AM/FM Big Truck Antenna Kit
http://www.ccrane.com/big-truck-antenna-kit.aspx
..
* Shakespeare - Galaxy 8' AM/FM Mobile DXer Antenna
with 20' of RG-69 Cable [Bumper Mounted]
DXER = http://tinyurl.com/5thmx
..
..
iane ~ RHF
..
All are WELCOME at the Shortwave Listener (SWL) "Antenna Ashram"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
..
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
..
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night . . .
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond, The BEYOND ! ! !
..
With the a Shortwave Listener SWL Antenna of your own making.
* * * If You Build It {SWL Antenna} You Will Hear Them * * *
Old January 14th 05, 05:31 PM
David

Lookie here, Sweet Cheeks:

I've been a radio junkie for 50 years, listened to ''Suspense'' on a 6
tube superhet with the 7 series loctals under the blankets. Had a
Truetone in my bedroom throughout the '60s, went through the
Hallicrafters thing, then the DX-150 series solid states, Uniden
(2024?) Sony ICF-2010, Lowe HF-150, Drake SW2, R8B, Stewart-Warner
R-390A, Racal RA-17, etc. I am fully cognizant of the radio universe
and I think satellite radio is fun.

On 13 Jan 2005 11:07:30 -0800, "RHF"
wrote:

DaviD,
.
Once Again - Two Choices :

Old January 15th 05, 03:17 AM
RHF

david, David. DAVID !

I just may be many, Many. MANY ! Things . . .

Butt - I Am Definitely NOT Your "Sweet Cheeks" [.]

DaviD - If You're Going to San Francisco
.. . . Don't Look For Me There !

enjoy your radios ~ RHF