Old January 14th 05, 02:40 AM
mike maghakian

I was trying to point out it wasn't really a steal but that radio is only
worth about $80 in that condition

there is NO source for the proper antenna and there MAY be a serious problem
with the radio.

please give me the list of the experts who gave you this top 5 list.

"transwhite" wrote in message
Even at the $135 final bid, that's not too bad of a price for this radio
at the "collectible" level. Definitely not a "steal", but not horribly
overpriced. This model sells easily for $200+ in excellent physical and
operational shape. The antenna can be replaced for a few bucks from the
right source and the radio probably wasn't used much on SW, so the band
switch contacts probably just need a good cleaning with Deoxit. The
RF-2200 is considered to be in the top 5 best shortwave portables ever
made.

"mike maghakian" wrote in message

so what if it has a broken antenna and doesn't receive shortwave ????