Old January 13th 05, 02:29 AM
mike maghakian

Default steal of a deal !!!!!

so what if it has a broken antenna and doesn't receive shortwave ????

Old January 13th 05, 03:50 AM
patgkz

To bad radio-mart didn't buy it.....we'd get to see it sold all over again!

Old January 13th 05, 03:34 PM

mike maghakian wrote:

so what if it has a broken antenna and doesn't receive shortwave ????

I had a RF2200 for years, and only gave it away
last spring to a friend. Due to not being used for
years(maybe a decade), the SW band selector switch
needed some heavy duty cleaning and turning. After
a few days of use, with many turns of the band switch
it worked great.
Very nice radio, but the analog tunning and lack of
stability limited it use to me. When I bought it I was
into RTTY and the RF2000 just didn't work for that.
Terry

Old January 13th 05, 03:35 PM
MnMikew

"patgkz" wrote in message
To bad radio-mart didn't buy it.....we'd get to see it sold all over

again!

After he "clensed" it of course.

Old January 14th 05, 12:56 AM
transwhite

Even at the $135 final bid, that's not too bad of a price for this radio at
the "collectible" level. Definitely not a "steal", but not horribly
overpriced. This model sells easily for $200+ in excellent physical and
operational shape. The antenna can be replaced for a few bucks from the
right source and the radio probably wasn't used much on SW, so the band
switch contacts probably just need a good cleaning with Deoxit. The RF-2200
is considered to be in the top 5 best shortwave portables ever made.

Old January 14th 05, 02:40 AM
mike maghakian

I was trying to point out it wasn't really a steal but that radio is only
worth about $80 in that condition

there is NO source for the proper antenna and there MAY be a serious problem
with the radio.

please give me the list of the experts who gave you this top 5 list.

Old January 15th 05, 06:55 PM
mike maghakian

ranier lichtes top 5 portables (from 1987):

panasonic rf-B60
sony 2010
sony 2002
toshiba rp-f11
satellit 400
uniden 2021

sets he put in the desktop that could be in the above category a

sony crf-1
sony ic-6800wa
sony crf-320a
satellit 650

so no where is the RF-2200

and ranier is a top authority in my book

I have two RF-2200's and enjoy them a lot. I personally rate them very high.
I would rate the 2200 in the top category but I don't think they are worth
over $200. more like $150 in excellent condition

Old January 16th 05, 07:41 AM
starman

mike maghakian wrote:

I have two RF-2200's and enjoy them a lot. I personally rate them very high.
I would rate the 2200 in the top category but I don't think they are worth
over $200. more like $150 in excellent condition

The 2200 got it's reputation as a good MW Dx'ing receiver because, being
an analog design, it has less circuit noise than some digital portables.
Otherwise, the 2200 is easily surpassed by many portables, particularly
the Sony-2010, which can capture weak signals with it's sync' detector,
better than the 2200 can without that feature.