Old September 28th 03, 04:20 AM
VHFRadioBuff

You can buy the scanner on Radio Shack's website for $499! Why would anyone pay
$700 for it!? This guy must be high. Also, Rat Shack charges $22 for shipping!!
It can't cost them more than $8 or $9 to ship it! Is it made out of lead?!

I love the part that says "most police/fire/emergency radio systems are now
digital".

That's a real riot, considering that the county fire frequencies are all still
in the VHF-LOW band (30 mhz!) here and EMS is in the 150's! Hell, Monmouth
County, to the north of me, is mostly in the 150's for all o the police
departments! There are maybe 2 towns around here that are digital, one on
800mhz, county police are on 500mhz trunked, state police are 800mhz trunked
and everyone else is in the 150's!
73! de Andy KC2SSB - WPYI880 (GMRS)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com