Old September 27th 03, 09:03 PM
Just Lou

Default eBay Humor

Check out the description on this Pro-96. The sad part is some idiot
will believe it. My favorite line is if the bidding reaches $700,
he'll pay the shipping. shaking head

Old September 28th 03, 04:20 AM
VHFRadioBuff

You can buy the scanner on Radio Shack's website for $499! Why would anyone pay
$700 for it!? This guy must be high. Also, Rat Shack charges $22 for shipping!!
It can't cost them more than $8 or $9 to ship it! Is it made out of lead?!

I love the part that says "most police/fire/emergency radio systems are now
digital".

That's a real riot, considering that the county fire frequencies are all still
in the VHF-LOW band (30 mhz!) here and EMS is in the 150's! Hell, Monmouth
County, to the north of me, is mostly in the 150's for all o the police
departments! There are maybe 2 towns around here that are digital, one on
800mhz, county police are on 500mhz trunked, state police are 800mhz trunked
and everyone else is in the 150's!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73! de Andy KC2SSB - WPYI880 (GMRS)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com
Old September 30th 03, 04:50 AM
Evan Platt

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 16:03:32 -0400, Just Lou wrote:

Check out the description on this Pro-96. The sad part is some idiot
will believe it. My favorite line is if the bidding reaches $700,
he'll pay the shipping. shaking head

My favorite is

"Get rid of your old analog trunking scanner because most
police/fire/emergency radio systems are now digital and most of the
analog can't even monitor them."

'MOST'???

eBay bans use of the word "Degen" Sanjaya Shortwave 14 January 13th 05 03:47 PM
ebay message? hoax or real? AO KD5FXT Equipment 18 February 24th 04 11:58 PM
ebay message? hoax or real? AO KD5FXT Equipment 0 February 20th 04 09:24 PM
eBay Humor Just Lou Scanner 12 September 29th 03 05:38 AM
WTB: Original box for Superadio II Frank Bals Shortwave 4 September 12th 03 02:14 PM