Old October 23rd 03, 05:25 PM
Ghost writer

Some valid reasons could be:

1. Some people don't do comparison shopping to know what the prices of
things are when it comes to the items cost new, used and as opposed to a
"new" unit of more recent vintage.

2. Had one previously and for whatever reason, want it for sentimental
reasons. Sentimentality can drive a person to do strange things.

3. Some people have more money than brains.

4.They have a problem where they feel compelled to spend. Example - Granny
sitting and watching HSN all day - buying $100s of dollars of jewelry she
has no need for and really can't afford.

USUALLY - I pay a fair price. I won't go overboard unless it is something
I've had trouble finding locally or online and I need it and yes,
sentimental reasons - although not too much. I pretty much know by doing
shopping, how much things go for and thus I use it as a guide along with my
needs. I've spent a lot of money on e-bay, but 95% of what I bought was in
reason and needed. Some things - the 5%, I could question. They were for the
purpose of completing a collection or to redo a "back burner" project. So,
their usefulness comes under fire as to need.
--
Lou

"Jon Van Allen" wrote in message
The only reason I can think of is eBay bidding madness. $500+ is insane.

Jon
KF7YN

"howard kowall" wrote in message
Wow big money for ts 140