Old December 14th 03, 09:38 PM
GaijinGig

I'm thinking that the reason we have these folks who want it easy is
because the band activity was slowly dying off, so to get more people
into the hobby -so it would not DIE altogether we have all these
non code types... we have no one to blame but us... the CW hams!!
n2jhs
5wpm, tech plus or what ever i'm called now...
-
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 08:51:51 -0600, "ac5tx" wrote:

To dumb to learn CW??? Sad , how sad
"Hamguy" wrote in message
. ..
Just because my Great Grandfather had to 'crank start' his car, we should
ALL have to learn how to do it prior to driving. And his wife had to use a
'crank style' telephone, therefore we ALL should have to master that
technology PRIOR to using a cell-phone just because they did.

Additionally,
we should ALL have to learn the computer language known as 'Basic' or
'Fortran' PRIOR to using a PC because I and so many others had to learn

it.
And EVERYONE should be required to learn an antiquated mode known as CW
before they get on HF because some 18th century guy invented it. Either
catch-up with the times, or get the HELL out of the way! Like it or not,
CW is TOAST!