Old December 27th 03, 02:23 AM
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Tester;
I have an 800 MHz C7 MLM that I would like to use to upgrade a 450 MHz
A5 model. Is it possible to do this with "lab"?

tester wrote:

Yes, But you don't have to change the firmware. All you have to do is
clone in a trunking codeplug using Lab and it will work. If you clone in a
trunking codeplug and then do the Service-Command Board replacement
procedure it should work fine. Before you do the replacement procedure, be
sure and write down or print out all the alignment values (called Alignment
Summary on the print menu). Using the command board replacement procedure
reinitializes the processor.

If you want to go one step better, you should actually change the model
number in the MLM and Command Board to one for a trunking model. (see
Batlabs on how to do this).

John

"Rich" wrote in news:L4SdnQhFbPgCWHaiRVn-
:

Can I change the firmware in a 128 conv spectra to a trunking type?

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT

"Jazz is not dead. It just smells funny." -F.Z.