Old December 28th 03, 01:17 AM
tester

It depends on what features you start with, but you might have a situation
where you will need to always start from a saved copy of your codeplug vs.
reading it from the radio. If the features in the radio command board are
different than the ones in the MLM/codeplug, then when you read the radio
it will revert to the ones available in the command board. This usually
only affects some settings like secure-capable or zones and not basic
features like trunking.

Again, I have found I can convert a non-trunked radio to trunking by just
forcing in a trunked codeplug and then do the command board replacement
process (again be sure and write down all the alignment settings). Then
the radio will work fine as a trunking radio from that point on.

Also, if you read all the info on Batlabs you will see it is possible using
lab to permanently change the MLM and Command Board to have what ever
features you want. So, it is possible to make it permanent. It just takes
a little more work and higher risk of doing something wrong. I have opted
for the easier and less risky solution of just forcing in another codeplug
and reinitializing the command board.

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote in
:

Tester;
Will this method permanently change the contents of the MLM so that it
will always be a C7 or will it need to be forced each time a change is
made?

Joe