Old January 28th 04, 07:09 PM
SummitRT

This used to be a great group but technology changes and so do the people.
Years ago you could put an item on this group and sell it for a fair price.
Now no matter what the price, you have people low balling prices to you. When
you sell an item thru eBay or QRZ it brings in top dollar because more people
are looking. Not very many people even know about newsgroups and those that
do, avoid it because of the massive amount of spam they see and get from
posting. Numerous times in the last year I have posted an item for sale here
and not sold it for less than market value and then sold it on ebay for a lot
more than I asked for here. A lot of us were making deals on this group more
than ten years ago and those were the days. Good deals, nice conversations,
good information and we all knew who to trust and who not to trust because we
put the names of the jerks right out on the newsgroups. We still had a few
people complain about something dumb, but it was once, not a daily rant and
they put their name on their post. It was rare that the same guy posted the
same exact item, like dual band antennas, everyday for weeks on end like they
do now. So to answer your question, yes, I think the bulk of the posts are
gone for good. It is a shame because before eBay, we did not have to pay a
premium to sell our items or to collect our money.