Old January 30th 04, 04:59 PM
Pete KE9OA

It would be nice if the FA posters provided some detail on what they are
selling, instead of merely providing the link. The main thing that perturbs
me about some of the eBay posters is the "as is" label that they apply to
whatever they are selling.
How about if we pay those folks with a check that might bounce? We could
tell them that last time we checked our account, there was enough money in
the bank to cover the purchase, but because of changing conditions, we can't
really guarantee that the check is any good.

Pete

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Ed G" wrote in message
48.75...

The reason I tend to not have any problem with EBay listings here is
they comprise only a single line to read here, where-as on EBay you get
only a dozen or so listings per page and you gotta weed your way through
a lot of pages to see anything. Its real easy to ignore a single line

or
so here if you don't want to look at it. Consequently, I don't see why
people complain about them here since they are so easy to skip.

Because some folks always have to have something to complain about..

And not to let myself out, I can find things to complain about sometimes,
too. Particularly, the ones that list the same stuff 6 times a week. I
don't know about anyone else's news servers, but mine keeps posts up for
about two weeks generally..