Old January 29th 04, 02:51 AM
Harry

Default Second thoughts about ebay postings

Bill Turner wrote:

Ebay postings, begone!!

Finally some common sense has emerged.
Bravo!!

Old January 29th 04, 03:18 AM
John D. Farr

I browse eBay everyday but rely on ads in this news group for some
categories, including radio stuff. I just don't have the time to browse
every category of stuff that interests me.

John KC4ZXX

"Bill Turner" wrote in message
I have to admit I'm starting to think you guys who object to ebay ads on
rec.radio.swap are correct. For years I've had the attitude that ebay
postings were ok here, but I'm having second thoughts.

I came to the realization that if you *are* interested in ebay offerings
you have to go there and browse anyway, since only a few of them are
posted here.

And if you're not interested in ebay offerings, then the few that are
posted here would be a source of annoyance.

I'll say it: A giant DUH to me.

It's not every day you see me change my mind on something, so mark your
calendar. :-)

Ebay postings, begone!!

--
Bill, W6WRT
a user of rec.radio.swap before you were born :-)

Old January 29th 04, 03:28 AM
Raj

Hey Bill:
Are you ex W7TI?
Raj VE6RAJ

Old January 30th 04, 12:32 AM
Ed G

The reason I tend to not have any problem with EBay listings here is
they comprise only a single line to read here, where-as on EBay you get
only a dozen or so listings per page and you gotta weed your way through
a lot of pages to see anything. Its real easy to ignore a single line or
so here if you don't want to look at it. Consequently, I don't see why
people complain about them here since they are so easy to skip.

Ed

Old January 30th 04, 12:50 AM
Brenda Ann

"Ed G" wrote in message
48.75...

The reason I tend to not have any problem with EBay listings here is
they comprise only a single line to read here, where-as on EBay you get
only a dozen or so listings per page and you gotta weed your way through
a lot of pages to see anything. Its real easy to ignore a single line or
so here if you don't want to look at it. Consequently, I don't see why
people complain about them here since they are so easy to skip.

Because some folks always have to have something to complain about..

And not to let myself out, I can find things to complain about sometimes,
too. Particularly, the ones that list the same stuff 6 times a week. I
don't know about anyone else's news servers, but mine keeps posts up for
about two weeks generally..

Old January 30th 04, 04:59 PM
Pete KE9OA

It would be nice if the FA posters provided some detail on what they are
selling, instead of merely providing the link. The main thing that perturbs
me about some of the eBay posters is the "as is" label that they apply to
whatever they are selling.
How about if we pay those folks with a check that might bounce? We could
tell them that last time we checked our account, there was enough money in
the bank to cover the purchase, but because of changing conditions, we can't
really guarantee that the check is any good.

Pete

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

48.75...

Old January 30th 04, 08:28 PM
Old School

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:59:23 GMT, "Pete KE9OA"
wrote:

It would be nice if the FA posters provided some detail on what they are
selling, instead of merely providing the link. The main thing that perturbs
me about some of the eBay posters is the "as is" label that they apply to
whatever they are selling.
How about if we pay those folks with a check that might bounce? We could
tell them that last time we checked our account, there was enough money in
the bank to cover the purchase, but because of changing conditions, we can't
really guarantee that the check is any good.

Pete

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Ed G" wrote in message
48.75...

The reason I tend to not have any problem with EBay listings here is
they comprise only a single line to read here, where-as on EBay you get
only a dozen or so listings per page and you gotta weed your way through
a lot of pages to see anything. Its real easy to ignore a single line

or
so here if you don't want to look at it. Consequently, I don't see why
people complain about them here since they are so easy to skip.

Because some folks always have to have something to complain about..

And not to let myself out, I can find things to complain about sometimes,
too. Particularly, the ones that list the same stuff 6 times a week. I
don't know about anyone else's news servers, but mine keeps posts up for
about two weeks generally..

The server here I use from SBC usually holds things for 2 months. I
was gone for a month or so and came back and had over 250 post in
rec.radio.swap dated from late November... I think the size of the
post count too, since most binary post arent as old...
Old January 31st 04, 12:11 AM
Ed G

It would be nice if the FA posters provided some detail on what they
are selling, instead of merely providing the link.

There are more people just selling gear hear that do this than there
are EBay listers. When I don't see a pertinent subject in those FS lines,
I just skip over them.

Ed