Old January 22nd 05, 01:56 PM
K4YZ

Len Anderson wrote:
In article , John

Kasupski
writes:

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:39:23 GMT, Dave Heil
wrote:

Wow! Talk about speculation! How about it, lurking, never-posting
readers of r.r.a.p? Let us know if you support the self-appointed
advocate for morse code test removal of the group. Tell us if you
believe his method is effective. Let us hear if you have been

swayed by
his posts.

Hello John.

The heavenly fodder wishes to both troll and make nasty to another
in his "asking of questions."

Oh, not "nasty" at all.

You perceive yourself as Don Quixote. We're just interested in
seeing if your rants actually have any support or if you're just the
slovenly, bile spitting idiot we all think you are.

So far, it seems "not".

To take the three questions in order...

1. Yes, I support the contention that the code test should be

removed.

I say Good on You!

Boy...isn't THAT a surprise...?!?!

2. No, I do not believe that his method is effective. However, I

also
basically believe that no other method would be any more effective
than his, which is one of the reasons why I'm mainly a lurker here

and
rarely post.

"Effective," e-schmective...

Da heavenly fodder hasn't come close to being effective in doing
anything but reinforcing his image of the prussian offizier busy
mouthing the party line of the Church of St. Hiram.

Lennie's ineffectiveness as a cheerleader is pretty well summed up
in the character of that paragraph.

3. No, I have not been swayed by his posts. In fact, I already
believed it was time to do away with code testing back in the
mid-1970's, which was twenty years before I ever discovered this
newsgroup and its various inhabitants.

The same for me but a bit earlier....like two decades before.

Uh huh...Was that before you allegedly learned code to 10 WPM or
after?

(I say it's yet another "LennieLie". I don't think you could tap
out SOS if it was etched in scars on your arms.

Back when I volunteered for U.S. Army duty...(SNIP)

More of his "I Was A Rear Area Radio Clerk War Hero" rants.

The pro-code-test-advocates (PCTA) seem to think that morseman-
ship is soooooo necessary that the FCC *must* test for it in order
to get a ham license for use below 30 MHz. Well, it may BE a
necessity...all those morsemen need to have playmates on their
little reserved slices of ham bands...their sandboxes aren't full

yet
and more and more have signed off permanently.

And we hope and pray YOUR QRT date is just around the same corner!
Steve, K4YZ