Old June 10th 04, 10:48 PM
jakdedert

Dan Conti wrote:
Very true Tom....

However, most scanner afficionados worth there salt prefer the Euro
version radios uncut NOT for the cell calls, but for the damage to
OTHER bands NOT done in an attempt to comply with the FCC here in the
US.

This is common in many scanners where entire sections of other bands
are deleted in an attempt to placate the FCC, and comply with this
silly ECPA nonsense.

BTW, that entire legislation was made obsolete by digital technology,
which is what should have been done to begin with.

That is why I purchase any new receiver / scanner from JAVIATION if
at all possible.

And that is why a Euro version ANYTHING is valuable and worth more
money then a US version radio.

Dan

The Euro 2035 is unblocked as he stated. Not that it matters anymore
unless you enjoy hearing only one side of a rare analog cell call.

I was under the impression that European laws restricted listening to
certain frequencies even more stringently than the FCC...at least that was
the case when I was in Germany in the mid-80's.

jak