Old June 9th 04, 10:36 PM
Dan Conti

Default FS : Radio SHack Pro-2035 Scanner - EURO VERSION- PRICE REDUCED

I am selling my MINT condition Radio Shack Pro-2035
1000 channel base scanner. This is the Euro version, totally uncut .
Includes Radio Shack AC adaptor for use in USA.

I will accept a US Postal money order or PAYPAL which will get it shipped
immediately. I will also accept a personal check, but will wait until it
clears before shipping.

I will ship via UPS, ground, insured.

$175.00 shipped. E-mail only if interested

Old June 9th 04, 11:01 PM
Rev.RP Jones

Cool down here is the confusion:
Those couldn't be modified or (un-blocked) by cutting in the first place,
they were manufactured after the ECPA amendments
However some early Euro models have a CPU that cover US and USA cellular
bands stock. If that 2035 DOES its worth some $$$$$$ as apposed to the US
model not worth much.
Is the cellular band blocked or open ?

-Rev

. ..

Old June 10th 04, 03:23 AM
Dan Conti

As stated in my original post, it is a Euro version, totally uncut. Out
silly ECPA laws DO NOT and DID NOT apply in Europe when Radio Shack made
this radio.

I will probably put it on eBay or just keep it.

Dan

Cool down here is the confusion:
Those couldn't be modified or (un-blocked) by cutting in the first place,
they were manufactured after the ECPA amendments
However some early Euro models have a CPU that cover US and USA cellular
bands stock. If that 2035 DOES its worth some $$$$$$ as apposed to the US
model not worth much.
Is the cellular band blocked or open ?

-Rev

. ..

Old June 10th 04, 06:18 PM
Dan Conti

Very true Tom....

However, most scanner afficionados worth there salt prefer the Euro version
radios uncut NOT for the cell calls, but for the damage to OTHER bands NOT
done in an attempt to comply with the FCC here in the US.

This is common in many scanners where entire sections of other bands are
deleted in an attempt to placate the FCC, and comply with this silly ECPA
nonsense.

BTW, that entire legislation was made obsolete by digital technology, which
is what should have been done to begin with.

That is why I purchase any new receiver / scanner from JAVIATION if at all
possible.

And that is why a Euro version ANYTHING is valuable and worth more money
then a US version radio.

Dan

The Euro 2035 is unblocked as he stated. Not that it matters anymore
unless you enjoy hearing only one side of a rare analog cell call.

Old June 10th 04, 10:48 PM
jakdedert

Dan Conti wrote:
[...]

I was under the impression that European laws restricted listening to
certain frequencies even more stringently than the FCC...at least that was
the case when I was in Germany in the mid-80's.

jak