Old August 19th 04, 03:27 AM
Nick L

"Lloyd" wrote in message

"KK4TL" wrote in message
om...
http://www.mods.dk/

It was a great mods page - now it appears to be gone.

Is there a story here?

Did you ever learn the difference between an accredited and
a nonaccredited college?

My job is to interview /assess college and trade school
graduates for both entry-level and mid-skill/career experience
at a Fortune-500 Pharmaceutical Mfgr. Of the people I have
reviewed over a 4 yr period, meaning those from *both* accredited and
a nonaccredited college(s), I have found that candidates having
just a basic 2-Year Associates Degree or Evening
Trade School (DeVry, CIE etc..) and also having 3 to 6 Years
actual work experience have been far better associates and
employees. IMHO the experience people get in "real world"
situations and career experiences has consistently out-performed
people with a 4-Year Degree and even some Graduate level
applicants. (I have even hired people with 8+ years exp having
NO college degree whatsoever for positions requiring a BSEE
or BSME, and these people's experience and skills have given
our company a 1000% return in loss of downtime and productivity.

For our specific applications, I will take candidates with real life
job skills and experience over someone with a 4-year Degree
who in all likelyhood just wants a hefty salary and will
probably leave and go elsewhere in a year or two.