Old December 19th 04, 06:10 PM
John Steffes

The Jpole is theoretically a 1/2 wavelentgh antenna with a 1/4
wavelength impedence matching endpiece. There are a jigillion designs
for 6 meter homebrew Jpoles on the internet making your choice of
temporary antenna a very good one.

Although you would think that the Jpole has the same gain as a 1/2
wavelength dipole (2.14 dBi), the one's we've built have performed head
and sholders above a dipole equal.

Good Luck!

John Steffes

Ken Bessler wrote:
Tomorrow I'm probably going to buy a Yaesu FT690
6m all mode rig. I'm thinking about a temporary antenna.
Eventually I'll have a pair of stacked loops, probably
from PAR Electronics.

If I've got this right, wouldn't a Jpole have the same gain
as an inverted V? 2.14dbi gain?

Ken KG0WX