Old January 19th 05, 04:25 PM
R. Belcher

Well, I bought one and was rather disappointed when I dropped a couple
Duracell's in it and had a whack at sticking a couple wires together.....

Then it occurred to me that this thing uses CURRENT (mini-arc-welder) to
produce heat. Dropped in a couple of 2000mAh NiCDs and it works like a
champ.

However, it does require a bit of operator finesse and a tiny learning
curve. But, after you get it, you got it!

Great little iron for quick fixes and "open area" work.

Wouldn't recommend for primary tool though.
rb

"Rich WA2RQY" wrote in message
I just got one. They have a split tip that both parts must touch the
pad or solder to get hot.

OK, but how does it work?

Thanks es 73...........RICH-WA2RQY
Cheep Manuals for sale @
http://www.myradioroom.com/manualsales.html
Web-Page URL
HTTP://members.aol.com/rlucch2098/index.html