Old January 23rd 05, 08:29 PM
larry

Greetings

In looking through my junk? box, I have found a number of crystal
transmitter strips that I had collected over the 70's with plans to put
various projects to practical use...

Unfortunately, time has a way changing ones directions in life...

I now find myself with these transmitter strips and would like to turn them
into useful variable frequency transmitters. I also have one or two
receiver strips using crystals.

When I see the police and other portable radio users, I often wonder how
they get several frequencies in their handhelds. I also suspect that the
various services, like police, ambulance, etc, have one handheld board and
they have similar chips which are program for their particular bands or
channels in mind...

I am looking through search engines, like google, but I wonder if anyone
reading this might know of a company which produces rf synthesizer chips in
particular that I could take a look at...

Larry ve3fxq