Old January 24th 05, 04:08 AM

Lucky wrote:
I know it's modded out the kazoo, but over $500 for a Yaesu 100??

I was going to bid on it if it stayed in the $275 range, but I didn't

expect
this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...keTra ck=true

Lucky

That is pretty steep. I picked up a Lowe 150 for significantly less not
long ago, and I suppose the Lowe and Yaesu are comparable.

At the same time, if you think about what people spend on Satellit
800s, Sony 2010 and SW77s on Ebay, then $500+ for a Yaesu 100 starts to
seem like a pretty good deal. It wasn't long ago that several of us
were talking about a *2010* that went for $500, if not more.

You can get good deals on Ebay if you're careful, no matter what kind
of receiver you're looking for. However, it seems to me that people
more often get good deals on used *tabletop* receivers than on used
*portables*. I'd be curious to know if others share this impression.
I'll bet lots of folks just assume that a tabletop would end up costing
them too much money, so they look to the portables. However, they then
get caught up in the 'heat of the moment' and spend a large amount on a
portable when that same amount would have won a really formidable
tabletop set.

Steve