Old January 23rd 05, 11:39 AM
Lucky

Default Look How Much Yaesu 100 Went For

I know it's modded out the kazoo, but over $500 for a Yaesu 100??

I was going to bid on it if it stayed in the $275 range, but I didn't expect
this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...keTra ck=true

Lucky

Old January 23rd 05, 12:45 PM
RHF

LUCKY,
..
The Bidders List and the Pattern of Bidding tells the story
? WHY ? the Final Price got so "Jack-Up" ;-}
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5744634141
..
? Why is eBay 'Better Than' Gambling ?
[ Because Gambling is Win & Lose and eBay is Win & Win. ]
..
In Gambling - You Place Your Bet :
- Sometimes You Win The Money.
- - Then again many times You Lose Your Money.
..
On eBay Auctions - You Place Your Bid (Bet).
- Sometimes You Win Your eBay Item.
- - Then Again - You Never Lose Your Money.
..
NOTE: On eBay Auctions - You Always Get Something of Value
- - - The ITEM -or- Your MONEY !
..
When It Comes to 'Bidding' on eBay: To Me Its Like Playing Cards.
The Excitement can be Being-In-the-Game.
Peeking at the Sellers Hold Card (Reserve Price)
and Calling the Other Guys Bluff.
However, If I Want the Item {I Can Taste the "BUY" Coming On} :
With Two Minutes to Go - Then It IS A Different Ball Game :
Throw One Big Bomb (Hail Mary Pass)
- and Score a Touch Down
- - and Win the Game.
(If Not... Oh Well there is Always the Next Auction).
- - - Smell That BUY !
..
Maximum Bid Reality Check for eBAYers:
- If the Item is still available commercially.
- - Then the 70% of MSRP Rule should apply.
- - - It is Truly Sad to See Someone Bid More Than Retail.
- - - - For Non-Collectibles With NO Manufactures Warranty
or Product Guaranty.
..
Zero (0) Bidders Warning and Low eBay Member's Score Caution
for eBayers:
If you are Bidding in an eBay Auction Against a 'New' eBayer:
With -O^O- 30 Day Marker and a Zero (0) Score.
Be Advised and Warned - They Want to Make 'their' Mark
and Win an Auction.
They Will Bid High and Often Over Bid an Item
To Bid Against Them Is a Fools Game [.]
This Caution generally Applies to eBayers
with a Score Under Ten (10) Too !
..
As Always - The Best of Good Buys ~ RHF {Retired-Healthy-and-Free}
aka: The Royster -&- The RoyceMeister
Old January 23rd 05, 01:27 PM
Lucky

"RHF" wrote in message
ups.com...
LUCKY,
.
[...]

Who was pumping it Wilson? I thought he was trying to make it look like
there was so many bidders it would discourage new bids. I was looking at the
winner's past buys. He likes to throw money around or he has plenty. He
bought a Indian flute for $800...I knew not to bid against this guy. I
wouldn't win.

Lucky

Old January 23rd 05, 08:14 PM
Brian Hill

"Lucky" wrote in message

He
bought a Indian flute for $800...I knew not to bid against this guy. I
wouldn't win.

Lucky

Yea but it was a pretty cool flute.

B.H.

Old January 24th 05, 04:06 AM

That is pretty steep. I picked up a Lowe 150 for significantly less not
long ago, and I suppose the Lowe and Yaesu are comparable.

At the same time, if you think about what people spend on Satellit
800s, Sony 2010 and SW77s on Ebay, then $500+ for a Yaesu 100 starts to
seem like a pretty good deal. It wasn't long ago that several of us
were talking about a *2010* that went for $500, if not more.

You can get good deals on Ebay if you're careful, no matter what kind
of receiver you're looking for. However, it seems to me that people
more often get good deals on used *tabletop* receivers than on used
*portables*. I'd be curious to know if others share this impression.
I'll bet lots of folks just assume that a tabletop would end up costing
them too much money, so they look to the portables. However, they then
get caught up in the 'heat of the moment' and spend a large amount on a
portable when that same amount would have won a really formidable
tabletop set.

Steve

Old January 24th 05, 04:26 AM
Lucky

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"Lucky" wrote in message

He
bought a Indian flute for $800...I knew not to bid against this guy. I
wouldn't win.

Lucky

Yea but it was a pretty cool flute.

B.H.

That it was.....

Lucky

Old January 24th 05, 07:38 AM
starman

Lucky wrote:
[...]

If you really want a particular item for whatever reason and can afford
to pay more than the typical price to ensure getting it, then it's up to
the individual to make that purchase decision. That's what drives Ebay.