Old January 24th 05, 01:53 PM
Dave

wrote in message
ps.com...
I just bought one that measures forward and reflected power and at the
bottom is the swr calculation.

Is the antenna's swr where the two needles meet?

yes, look behind where the needles cross and there should be a set of lines
calibrated in swr.

Also the switch on it for 2 meters says "144 mhz" So I should tune my
radio to this when tuning? What if I want my antenna tuned for 146 mhz.

no, you set your radio for whatever frequency you want to operate on and
check the swr there. they label it 144mhz just to say what band it can
handle.

It is an MFJ unit. Yes I did read the instructions but they left alot
to be desired for a first timer.