Old January 27th 05, 02:26 AM
Richard Clark

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:46:17 GMT, ml wrote:

After a 15yr petition my coop board has agreed to let me put up a dipole
on the roof. wow cant wait to get really back on the bands

Kewel.

naturally it's contingent on not creating any interference, and being
'low profile' and finally not damaging the roof....

That would be the inverted V you mention much later.

the part that concerns me a bit is interference...

Use big coax. Put a BalUn/Choke at the end.

but it will be lower then the tv antenna. how bad is this?

answered by:

14story building i am on 4thfl

Sweet. Could you move upstairs?

i'll have to run coax to the roof , how should my dipole to coax
transistion be made?? a balun of some sort? if so which?

Bingo - Current BalUn (or simply an air wound one).

my goal is to make it for at least 160-10 (dare i try 6m?)

Try to confine yourself to what is reasonable.

i am guessing that my 2nd biggest point of interf might be aside from
the master tv antenna itself, is the dist amp, havn't seen it but almost
positive it's the cheepest one out, anyone know of a good source for
those ie brand that is super filtered/shielded so i won't overload it
perhaps if i pay out of pocket for a beter unit anyone can suggest such
a brand/make/model?? (presuming i cause int i'd test first)

Run your rig at 1/2 to 2/3rds power so as to not force circuits into
maximal distortion simply to obtain gain.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC