Old January 27th 05, 10:45 PM
starman

ShortwaveMan wrote:

HI Ric,
If it were me, I'd be very careful with that TV. If the clicking sound is
coming from the TV and not the radio and the sound happens even with the TV
turned off and unplugged, it may be an electrical arc in the TV - that might
be a fire hazard.

If you feel it would be worth the expense you could take the tv to tv shop
to be checked out. I don't really know what else would make a clicking sound
on a tv.

The uP's (microprossors) on many devices can make a clicking sound on a
radio. I recently discovered that one of my battery chargers does this.
It wouldn't hurt to have the TV checked out though.