Old January 27th 05, 11:15 PM
jakdedert

whoever wrote:
jakdedert wrote:

IMHO, requiring a code test is like requiring someone to know how to
reupholster their car in order to get a drivers license. It's
unlikely that they will ever use the knowledge.

OTOH, I've seen a number of very simplistic technical questions posted
lately in this and in other forums, by 'hams' who should know
better....

jak

I think it would be more like knowing how to change a tire to get a
drivers license!

NIMO...in an emergency, one might actually 'have' to change a tire. They'll
never HAVE to reupholster the seats. They might 'want' to, and learn how,
but I can't imagine it ever being required.

If one just learns enough code to pass the test, it's doubtful they'll
remember enough to communicate a year later...even in an emergency.

jak