Old January 30th 05, 08:23 PM
L. M. Rappaport

On 29 Jan 2005 20:38:27 GMT, ospam (Fjx1) wrote (with
possible editing):

I had been using AOL to read newsgroups but they are dropping the service. I
have a cable connection. What would you recommend as a good newsreader to use?

Tks,

Gerry

I would recommend two: Forte Agent (version 2) and 40tude Dialog.
Both have free versions available. I find Agent a bit easier to use,
but Dialog handles multiple newservers and Agent doesn't. (You can
setup Agent to monitor multiple newservers, but it requires multiple
copies). Both allow you to read and post email as well and allow you
to setup folders to accommodate reflectors (email listservers).

I've been using usenet since it first began in the 80's and have used
just about everything.
--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com