Old January 29th 05, 08:38 PM
Fjx1

Default Help: need a way to read newsgroups?

I had been using AOL to read newsgroups but they are dropping the service. I
have a cable connection. What would you recommend as a good newsreader to use?

Tks,

Gerry

Old January 29th 05, 10:28 PM
Bob Reed W2CE

Who provides your cable connection ? Don't they offer you a newsgroup
server ?

Comcast for example offers GigaNews free.

Old January 30th 05, 01:20 AM
newsgroup_dude

http://groups-beta.google.com/grphp?...ab=wg&ie=UTF-8

All the groups you can ever read !

newsgroup_dude

Old January 30th 05, 11:48 AM
Edward A. Feustel

"Fjx1" wrote in message
I had been using AOL to read newsgroups but they are dropping the service.
have a cable connection. What would you recommend as a good newsreader to
use?

Tks,

Gerry

www.usenet-access.com costs 6.00 a month and is worth it.
Ed

Old January 31st 05, 01:32 PM
AB2RC

On 2005-01-29, Fjx1 wrote:
I had been using AOL to read newsgroups but they are dropping the service. I
have a cable connection. What would you recommend as a good newsreader to use?

first and best option -
dump aol and use a real isp

second -
subscribe to a news service and use a real newsreader

third -
groups.google.com

--
Alex / AB2RC
Linux is user friendly, however it is not idiot friendly

DON'T BE A TROLL CB 0 January 28th 05 06:25 AM
fast cash MATTHEWMIP Policy 0 October 5th 04 04:02 AM
fast cash MATTHEWMIP Antenna 0 October 5th 04 03:55 AM
chuckie blast from the past version 4..... gw CB 0 November 10th 03 01:58 AM
chuckie blast from the past version 3..... gw CB 0 November 9th 03 02:05 AM