Old February 6th 05, 05:38 AM
Soliloquy

"John" wrote in news:yWPMd.23137$wi2.2183
@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

This thread is confusing for me.

The only posters that I see are as follows:

1. John, the individual that made the offer.
2. Soliloquy, the individual asking for more info on the Yaesu 857.
3. Ron.

John makes the original post, expressing an intent to trade.

I ask for more information about the Yaesu 857 and what is desired
concerning a "very good receiver"

Ron posts nothing, other than a response with the quoted text from John's
original post, and nothing more. Being that Ron posts with his e-mail
address evident, without the usual "remove so and so before replying",
perhaps Ron is simply offering his e-mail address to John so that John
may contact him. But Ron also has another e-mail address at Yahoo. Ron
has sold some tires in 2003, off an SUV, something about clearance into
the garage. Ron is a busy person, and is also selling a Yaesu FRG-100 for
$300 (Feb 5th 2005 post). You would not wish to meet Ron in a dark alley,
as Ron is a big guy at 6ft 3in at about 285 Pounds.

On the other hand, John has offered the following:
FS new used in box Kenwood MC-57DM MIC

John was looking to purchase the following: Dec 8 2004, 2:31 pm Anyone
out there have an 857 they want to sell at a decent price? Thanks

Also: Please look at my very clean Kenwood 520S, no reserve. Dec 13 2004

The only other thing of not that I can find is that it is evident that
John's keyboard has a key that sticks, as he is rather fond of saying:
QUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK

He should get that fixed ;-)

No Such Thing, ahem, as privacy, or damn little of it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0248190/

I would like to trade my Yaesu 857 (box, manual, etc.) for a very good
receiver, please let me know if you are interested