Old February 4th 05, 07:21 PM
John

Default Trade Yaesu transceiver for receiver

I would like to trade my Yaesu 857 (box, manual, etc.) for a very good
receiver, please let me know if you are interested

Old February 5th 05, 09:49 PM
Soliloquy

"John" wrote in news:yWPMd.23137$wi2.2183
@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

I would like to trade my Yaesu 857 (box, manual, etc.) for a very good
receiver, please let me know if you are interested

Hi John A.

1. Define "Very Good Receiver"
2. Please describe the condition of your unit, listing: age, scratches,
malfunctions, missing parts (Microphone, Instructions, etc.)
3. How did you come to possess it. (i.e., bought new, bought used, result
of a trade)
3. How would the deal be brokered? Like a Mexican Standoff, through a
competent intermediate, etc.

Regards

Soliloquy

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/3046

Apparently there are 11 pages of reviews of this radio on E-Ham. Although
many people hold it in high acclaim, others describe problems and confusion
with the use and operation of the unit. The reviews include the Yaesu 857
and 857D. The information in any particular review may not be applicable to
this model.
Old February 5th 05, 10:00 PM
Ron

Old February 6th 05, 12:37 AM
Soliloquy

Ron wrote in news:7rga01hfk514b34lakirbuk0cit5t68hd6@
4ax.com:

You don't seem to have a lot to say on the issue.

Old February 6th 05, 05:38 AM
Soliloquy

"John" wrote in news:yWPMd.23137$wi2.2183
@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

This thread is confusing for me.

The only posters that I see are as follows:

1. John, the individual that made the offer.
2. Soliloquy, the individual asking for more info on the Yaesu 857.
3. Ron.

John makes the original post, expressing an intent to trade.

I ask for more information about the Yaesu 857 and what is desired
concerning a "very good receiver"

Ron posts nothing, other than a response with the quoted text from John's
original post, and nothing more. Being that Ron posts with his e-mail
address evident, without the usual "remove so and so before replying",
perhaps Ron is simply offering his e-mail address to John so that John
may contact him. But Ron also has another e-mail address at Yahoo. Ron
has sold some tires in 2003, off an SUV, something about clearance into
the garage. Ron is a busy person, and is also selling a Yaesu FRG-100 for
$300 (Feb 5th 2005 post). You would not wish to meet Ron in a dark alley,
as Ron is a big guy at 6ft 3in at about 285 Pounds.

On the other hand, John has offered the following:
FS new used in box Kenwood MC-57DM MIC

John was looking to purchase the following: Dec 8 2004, 2:31 pm Anyone
out there have an 857 they want to sell at a decent price? Thanks

Also: Please look at my very clean Kenwood 520S, no reserve. Dec 13 2004

The only other thing of not that I can find is that it is evident that
John's keyboard has a key that sticks, as he is rather fond of saying:
QUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK

He should get that fixed ;-)

No Such Thing, ahem, as privacy, or damn little of it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0248190/

Old February 6th 05, 05:43 AM
Brian Hill

"Soliloquy" wrote in message
.44...
"John" wrote in news:yWPMd.23137$wi2.2183
@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

This thread is confusing for me.

Not all news servers show all posts from all origins. I do a google from
time to time to see missing posts.

B.H.