Old February 7th 05, 01:55 PM
Tom Sevart

"Soliloquy" wrote in message
. 3.44...

Did you know that "Separation of Church and state" are not even in the
Constitution? Probably not.

Amendment 1: "Congress shall pass no law... respecting an establishment of
religion, nor prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

This and some of the Founding Fathers' intentions has been upheld by the US
Supreme Court as being a separation of church and state. Without separation
of church & state, you have a theocracy. If we didn't have a separation of
church & state, it would be possible for any religious group to take control
of the government and pass laws requiring everyone to follow that particular
religion. You cannot have freedom of religion without having a separation
of church and state.

If you want to practice your religion, then fine, do it. Just don't require
anyone else to do it to. This is what the Founding Fathers wanted and this
is what the First Amendment states, and has been upheld by our highest
court.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS