Old February 7th 05, 12:17 AM
Honus

"Soliloquy" wrote in message
. 3.44...
"Honus" wrote in
news:C7xNd.10164$uc.6702@trnddc05:

I noticed that you simply left your reply as a premise, offering you a
way out either way. Take a side, don't leave it dangle.

Firstly, I happen to know the meaning of the word you use for a handle; I
didn't want to intrude. Of course, your speech -was- made in public, so
I'll fall back on "secondly", which is this:

I very rarely take sides, especially in such off-topic political ****ing
matches. Anyone who's been paying attention, however, would note that I -do-
make "attaboy" posts whenever I see someone (most recently Brenda) pointing
out that there are idiots and well-meaning people on both sides of the
aisle. However, if it'll make you feel better, I'll take a position on all
of the topics in your first paragraph. Time doesn't allow for further
comment. Here we go:

Stooopid.

Yes, it was. But it made me laugh, at least a little. Pies in the face are
stupid, but they sometimes make me laugh as well. Lighten up. You'll live
longer.

I am looking for an Amish family to adopt me.

Now -that- is stupid. That, by the way, is how it's spelled. Spelling it as
you did makes you look like an idjit. Get it?

America is being
flushed down the **** tubes,

I disagree. We're flushing ourselves down the **** tubes. I believe that's
an important distinction. We're responsible.

elections are rigged,

I agree. I live in Seattle, and I'm living through it as we speak.

jobs flow overseas
faster than the water from Lake Erie over the Niagara Falls,

That depends. How do you quantify the two in comparable terms? One gallon
per minute of flow equals one job lost? Or one gallon per hour? Or am I at
liberty to take this as a figure of speech? In that case, I would tend to
agree although I really don't know for sure. I do hear quite a bit on the
news about it, but you know how that goes.

moronic
"reality" shows dominate the television,

That's one of the reasons that I very rarely watch TV. So, I agree.

and we continue with the asinine
skits such as this one.

It was a prank call from a radio station that got you overly wound up. It
did lean towards asinine, but so what? I'm about to watch an old silent
Keyston Kops movie with my little girl. Bite me if you disapprove.

I would have thought that it was funny at one
time, but endless laughter is indicative of a deranged mind.

I'm pretty sure that the recipient of that call isn't laughing anymore, and
so I'm not worried about his state of mental health. Sometimes things strike
me as funny, and I laugh harder on those days than I would on others. BFD.

There you go. Are you happy now, or are you that desperate for some more
"support" that you want me to go through your entire post? You'll have to
wait...I'm going out for dinner. Mexican food, too. Hmmmm.

If you feel that
it could be debated, it sways the issue to indicate that you actually
didn't agree with my post anyway, leaving it open to the distinct
possibility that you were unaware of the flow direction.

Oh, I absolutely had and still have no idea where the water that goes over
the falls comes from. It's part of the Great Lakes system; that's all I
know. My comment was a joke, and it was meant to be taken exactly as I
explained it to you. Either way you cut it, based on what the two of you
said, you could still be correct. Even though he was correcting you, he
wasn't necessarily correcting you. It was an excercise in irony. And for his
edification, I wasn't busting his chops. It was a joke.

At least DXAce
replied (Huh?) under Howard's assertion that the flow was reversed. DXAce
goes on to counsel me on a move to Canada.

Don't lump me in with him. You've already called me an asshole, which was
wholly unwarranted. Don't compound your offenses.

Major apologies if your post was in agreement with mine. I suspect that
it wasn't though, and that you are fishing for a way out of your
ignorance.

Well. I hope my position is clearer now. I gleefully admit my ignorance on
this point of geography; it's peripheral to my point.

Did you see "The Princess Bride"?

Watch it all the time. It's one of my wife's favorite movies.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093779/quotes

Look at this quote from the movie, depicting a dizzying series of logic
reversals.

snip of one of my favorite parts

I really liked the part where Inigo finally meets up with the man who killed
his father. The Count Rugen's reaction to Inigo's challenge busts my family
up everytime. And of course, the repartee between Andre the Giant and Inigo
throughout the movie is priceless. It'd be an -awesome- movie if they had a
hotter chick in it playing Buttercup, and if they'd used some other actor
for the role of Wesley. Everytime I see that guy, I get this unreasonable
urge to just bitch slap him. I don't know why.

And look, we are back to laughing again. How ironic.

Which brings us right back to the skit...some people think it's funny, some
don't. I think that for all of your points, you read too much into the phone
call. If it was just an excuse to vent about some things, as I suspect, you
didn't need it. Just vent. Everyone else around here does.

Old February 7th 05, 12:22 AM
Howard

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 23:41:41 -0000, Soliloquy
wrote:

Howard wrote in
:

Hey Howard, no problem buddy. Oddly enough, while watching Sherlock
Holmes the other day, they used the word "vitriol". I knew of its use in
language, but it was thrown onto a man's face for revenge of a similar
crime from years before. (hell hath no wrath like a woman scorned, and it
applied in the Sherlock Holmes episode). Anyway, a quick look to the
Webster's Online Dictionary revealed the following.

Main Entry: oil of vitriol
: concentrated sulfuric acid

You learn something new every day.

Regards.

Soliloquy

Glad you used the term buddy, was beginning to think my erroneous
response ignited "Usenet War MCVIII". I shouldn't have relied on a
long ago memory and a map, or at least looked at a topo map which
would've given me the right answer. Anyway, it's off to see at
least some of the Superbowl so the Committe of Un-American Behavior
doesn't start chasing after me. Heard part of an interview with "Sir"
Paul McCartney the other day during which he indicated we need not
worry about any "wardrobe malfunctions" during his half-time
performance 8-}

See ya in future posts,
Howard
Old February 7th 05, 12:29 AM
dxAce

Honus wrote:

"Soliloquy" wrote in message
[...]

Oh come on... it would elevate your status.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 7th 05, 05:07 AM
Telamon

In article , dxAce
wrote:

Howard wrote:

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 21:41:49 -0000, Soliloquy
wrote:

"Caveat Lector" wrote in news:zItNd.29339$xt.7087
@fed1read07:

Stooopid. I am looking for an Amish family to adopt me. America is being
flushed down the **** tubes, elections are rigged, jobs flow overseas
faster than the water from Lake Erie over the Niagara Falls, moronic
"reality" shows dominate the television, and we continue with the asinine
skits such as this one. I would have thought that it was funny at one
time, but endless laughter is indicative of a deranged mind.

Actually the water rushing over Niagara Falls is from the Niagara
River, fed by Lake Ontario, and flowing into Lake Erie.

Huh?

Someone needs a geography lesson.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 7th 05, 05:24 AM
Tony Meloche

Telamon wrote:

wrote:

"Caveat Lector" wrote in news:zItNd.29339$xt.7087
@fed1read07:

Stooopid. I am looking for an Amish family to adopt me. America is being
flushed down the **** tubes, elections are rigged, jobs flow overseas
faster than the water from Lake Erie over the Niagara Falls, moronic
"reality" shows dominate the television, and we continue with the asinine
skits such as this one. I would have thought that it was funny at one
time, but endless laughter is indicative of a deranged mind.

Actually the water rushing over Niagara Falls is from the Niagara
River, fed by Lake Ontario, and flowing into Lake Erie.

Huh?

Someone needs a geography lesson.

Yep - but I'd buy tickets if that was the case - watching Niagra
Falls flow backwards would be worth it!

Tony

Old February 7th 05, 05:49 AM
Howard

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 00:24:25 -0500, Tony Meloche
wrote:

Telamon wrote:

wrote:

"Caveat Lector" wrote in news:zItNd.29339$xt.7087
@fed1read07:

Stooopid. I am looking for an Amish family to adopt me. America is being
flushed down the **** tubes, elections are rigged, jobs flow overseas
faster than the water from Lake Erie over the Niagara Falls, moronic
"reality" shows dominate the television, and we continue with the asinine
skits such as this one. I would have thought that it was funny at one
time, but endless laughter is indicative of a deranged mind.

Actually the water rushing over Niagara Falls is from the Niagara
River, fed by Lake Ontario, and flowing into Lake Erie.

Huh?

Someone needs a geography lesson.

Yep - but I'd buy tickets if that was the case - watching Niagra
Falls flow backwards would be worth it!

Tony

Okay, lumps have been taken - knew the location but totally blew it on
the direction of the waterflow... lesson learned. Glad I could
provide you some entertainment. Speaking of which - regarding the
Amish this link might be entertaining, though some of you may have
seen it before.
http://www.mystique.net/faq.html

See Ya'll
Howard

Old February 7th 05, 05:57 AM
Telamon

In article ,
Tony Meloche wrote:

Telamon wrote:

wrote:

"Caveat Lector" wrote in news:zItNd.29339$xt.7087
@fed1read07:

Stooopid. I am looking for an Amish family to adopt me. America is being
flushed down the **** tubes, elections are rigged, jobs flow overseas
faster than the water from Lake Erie over the Niagara Falls, moronic
"reality" shows dominate the television, and we continue with the asinine
skits such as this one. I would have thought that it was funny at one
time, but endless laughter is indicative of a deranged mind.

Actually the water rushing over Niagara Falls is from the Niagara
River, fed by Lake Ontario, and flowing into Lake Erie.

Huh?

Someone needs a geography lesson.

Yep - but I'd buy tickets if that was the case - watching Niagra
Falls flow backwards would be worth it!

Hey, at night with the colored lights shining on the falls it would
truly be a psychedelic experience.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 7th 05, 01:55 PM
Tom Sevart

"Soliloquy" wrote in message
. 3.44...

Did you know that "Separation of Church and state" are not even in the
Constitution? Probably not.

Amendment 1: "Congress shall pass no law... respecting an establishment of
religion, nor prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

This and some of the Founding Fathers' intentions has been upheld by the US
Supreme Court as being a separation of church and state. Without separation
of church & state, you have a theocracy. If we didn't have a separation of
church & state, it would be possible for any religious group to take control
of the government and pass laws requiring everyone to follow that particular
religion. You cannot have freedom of religion without having a separation
of church and state.

If you want to practice your religion, then fine, do it. Just don't require
anyone else to do it to. This is what the Founding Fathers wanted and this
is what the First Amendment states, and has been upheld by our highest
court.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS