Old July 21st 03, 10:45 PM
Uncle Peter

"Opara Kvijji" wrote in message
.. .
I just want to extend a thank you to all who offered their opinions, good
and bad, (mostly good) about this 64 or so year old radio. The BFO doesn't
seem to work very well, but I don't listen to very much slop bucket, so

I'm
not too concerned. The audio is FANTASTIC!! It uses a Philco #41 in the
output stage and a new 5" speaker had already been installed. I really

enjoy
listening to OTR (Old Time Radio) that I download from kazaa and have
already added an audio input jack to this radio so I can play stuff like
"The Shadow" and "Suspense" on it, right from my sound card.

The best way is through a micro-power AM transmitter, so the radio
doing the work!

Pete