Old February 12th 05, 01:04 AM
whoever

http://www.qrz.com/download/main/mods.html

wrote:

At my job we use motorola HTs on UHF (400MHz+) using DPL/DCS
squelching. Sometime in the next few months we'll migrate to different
motorolas on VHF (150MHz+) using PL/CTCSS.

I'm a ham, but a somewhat inexperienced one.. I was wondering if y'all
could direct me toward a few dual or tri band HTs that would be easily
modified to tx those freqs, preferrably with the DPL/DCS capability
(since I think most radios come with PL/CTCSS), but if you know of one
that is super easy and only does PL, that would be great, too.
Comments on performance (ie intermod) are appreciated, too.

I've hunted around on mod sites and have come up with a couple of icoms
and a few alincos that appear easy enough to mod.. But, I wanted some
opinions from y'all.

There's probably no need to post the mod, I'll find it on the
internet.. Unless you want to make it easy on me and link to it. :-)

TIA! 73,

kc5rsv
thomas