Old February 14th 05, 04:23 AM
Telamon

In article _OUPd.27076$uc.15139@trnddc09,
"Honus" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
..
.
In article ,
"FDR" wrote:

"RHF" wrote in message
ps.com...
FDR - I Think and Reflect - Therefore Would Not ! ~ RHF

It would help with your mental problems if you tried Prozac.

You could try Prozac yourself but I'll bet it does not help your posting
style or content.

Plonk

Just out of curiosity, how many addresses do you have in your killfile? Have
you ever counted them?

Currently at 506 filter rules. About 20 rules are positive or in other
words bring people or topics I care most about to the top of the current
posting list and the rest are kill filters.

The kill filters ban anonymous news servers and / or domains Trolls like
to use. I also ban any curse words, sexual anatomy type words, sexual
verbs and religious topical words in subject lines.

Most filters are on individuals. Many are currently not active because
once the Trolls figure out that they are not being read they either
leave or change their handle. Then I have another entry on them. I have
kill filed some people dozens of times and they are still here so I
expect that I will be adding another filter when they change. It only
takes seconds to create a filter and then I just re-filer the current
list of articles and they go away.

I kill file on all aspects of the article headers but it often does not
work due to my wonky news server that provides only some of the header
information depending on the age of the post.

When things are bad I find the average of killed posts to be around 60%.
Usually other people start complaining that the news group is unreadable
around those times. I don't have that problem. The news group is always
readable for me. I have noticed that the news group always gets worse
around school vacation times, which leads me to believe that the trouble
makers are juveniles and the rest are attention deficit disordered
arrested thinkers.

Recently my filters have only been taking out 35 to 40% of the posts,
which required new filters to make the news group more readable. Usually
the right ratio is around 50% killed when things are good to more like
60% killed during school vacations or contentious events the last
presidential election.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California