Old July 26th 03, 02:34 AM
Opara Kvijji

The guy I bought it from already did a ton of work on it: He reconfigured it
so it now uses a common 5Y3 rectifier. I think the original was a type 80 or
81, not sure. He added a fuse to the AC line, changed 2 AF coupling
capacitors, replaced the standby switch, and replaced the speaker. Also new
is the power transformer and filter caps. He also (get this) rewound the
Broadcast Band antenna coil!! By hand!! This fellow is very meticulous, I
must say. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
"Troglodite" wrote in message
Greetings.

I restored an S19R a couple of years ago and wrote an article about it. It

is
posted on the Hallicrafters Collectors International website at

www.w9wze.org

Look in the "Restorations" section.

Fine radio for 1938. If you are going to keep it I would recommend

replacing
the electrolytic and a all of the old wax capacitors. It will then keep

playing
for another 65 years.

Doug Moore