Old February 16th 05, 08:19 PM
ZZZPK

"Ralph Mowery" wrote:

:
: "ZZZPK" .es.it.net wrote
: in message ...
: "Caveat Lector" wrote:
:
: : In our area -- VE exam tests are sent at 14 to 15 wpm with the spacing
: : adjusted to 5 wpm overall.
:
: so its not 5wpm then ?
:
:
: There are two ways to define the 5 WPM. One is slow dots and dashes at the
: rate of 5 wpm. The other way is to send each character at a higher speed
: but spaced out. The same number of characters are sent in one minuit. Then
: you have to count the numbers and punctuation as 2 characters each but lets
: not get into that. I was thinking the standard way was the 13 to 15 wpm
: sending with long 5 wpm spacing.

you forget that the spacing between the dits+dahs are also governed by the
same speed/rhythm.

therefore...sending faster sounds requires faster silence-gaps...therefore
everything at 12wpm which is not 5wpm.

to be 5wpm, the sounds and the gaps must be at the same speed or it aint
5wpm.
by all means learn morse with faster characters with longer gaps...but
only so that the training allows the gaps to be shortened.

true morse has all elements sent at the same rhythm (even the silent bits)